Welcome to the Green Living Time Bank
What is Time Banking?
Time Banking is a way of exchanging skills and services. The big difference is that it uses time as the medium of exchange, not money. Everyone's time is valued equally. By accepting an hour's work from another person, I commit myself to passing on an hour of work to someone else. The community as a whole is two hours better off. This is an ideal way of enabling people to give and receive as needed. It also creates healthy, balanced relationships.
Why a Green Living Time Bank?
Because we want to help create a healthy environment, healthy people and a healthy society.
Getting Started with our Time Bank:
- Create a login (note you will need to select Auckland for State/Province until this can be adjusted) and fill out your member profile. You can upload a photo and write in some information about yourself. Soon you will receive an email with your username and password.
- Attend an orientation or complete an online orientation.
- Post some skills and talents you have to offer other members.
- Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbours about the requests of offers you've posted.
- After you've communicating with a neighbour and determining a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements how to coordinate the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members
Do this again and again to help keep our Green Living TimeBank Community alive and flourishing.